Trunk Upholstery Colors

brandond452

American Zeds
Model of Z
Hey y’all,

My Z3 didn’t have a trunk mat (part 8399299) when I bought it. I’ve found a few listings online to get my hands on one, but some of them seem to be slightly different colors (and I’m assuming it’s not just staining and age). I have also seen references to the same part with either “-04” or “-07” at the end. Does that mean anything? Did the trunk interiors happen to come in different colors?

Adding my color blindness into the mix makes me weary of buying one without asking the question 😂

AthensGA

I haven’t been on this forum for very long, but so far, your’s is the most obscure question I have read! My 2001 2.5i Alpine White roadster has a “grayish” trunk mat that has black, gray, and white fibers blended together for a medium gray overall look.

brandond452

American Zeds
Model of Z
I haven’t been on this forum for very long, but so far, your’s is the most obscure question I have read! My 2001 2.5i Alpine White roadster has a “grayish” trunk mat that has black, gray, and white fibers blended together for a medium gray overall look.
Asking obscure questions is one of my few fortes, so I'll take pride in that acknowledgement, haha.

I think mine's gray(ish) as well, but it also seems like it might be blue(ish). Again, I could be totally making it up, but I've learned over the years to doubt what my eyes are seeing.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
I'd call it grey (UK spelling);), here's mine...
Boot (Copy).JPG